League Cricket 2020
Bosham 1st XI play in Division 9 West of the Sussex cricket League, our 2nd XI play in division 11 West (South) of the sussex cricket League
1st XI Captain: Tom GlennieVice Captain: Adam Selves
2nd XI Captain: Tom CowellVice Captain: Derek Garner
2020 Fixtures & Results
Unless stated all games are 1pm start.
For home games players are expected to be at the ground for 12pm to help set up. For away games your captain will arrange meet times and give details of ground location.
Saturday 18th April:
- Pre-Season training game.
Saturday 25th April:
1st XI v Stirlands - AWAY (Pre-season warm up)
Sunday 26th April:
Freindly XI v Chidham - HOME
Saturday 2nd May:
- 1st XI v West Wittering 2nd XI - HOME
- 2nd XI - Bye week (looking for friendly game)
Saturday 9th May:
- 1st XI v Storrington - HOME
- 2nd XI v Worthing CC 4th XI - AWAY
Saturday 16th May:
- 1st XI v Wisborough Green CC 2nd XI - AWAY
- 2nd XI v Goring By Sea CC 3rd XI - HOME
Saturday 23rd May:
- 1st XI v Crawley Eagles CC 5th XI - AWAY
- 2nd XI v Littlehampton, Clapham & Patching CC 4th XI - HOME
Saturday 30th May:
- 1st XI v Findon CC 3rd XI - HOME
- 2nd XI v Broadwater CC 3rd XI - AWAY
Saturday 6th June:
- 1st XI v Chippingdale CC 2nd XI - AWAY
- 2nd XI v Aldwick CC 2nd XI - HOME
Saturday 13th June:
- 1st XI v East Preston CC 2nd XI - HOME
- 2nd XI v Bognor Regis 3rd XI - AWAY
Saturday 20th June:
- 1st XI v Portslade 3rd XI - AWAY
- 2nd XI - Bye Week
Saturday 27th June:
- 1st XI - Bye Week
- 2nd XI v Arundel CC 3rd XI - AWAY
Saturday 4th July:
- 1st XI v Horsham Trinity CC 2nd XI - AWAY
- 2nd XI v Petworth Park CC 1st XI - HOME
Saturday 11th July:
- 1st XI v Storrington CC 1st XI - AWAY
- 2nd XI v Worthing CC 4th XI - HOME
Saturday 18th July:
- 1st XI v Wisborough Green CC 2nd XI - HOME
- 2nd XI v Goring By Sea CC 3rd XI - AWAY
Saturday 25th July:
- 1st XI v Crawley Eagles CC 5th XI - HOME
- 2nd XI v Littlehampton, Clapham & Patching 4th XI - AWAY
Saturday 1st August:
- 1st XI v Findon CC 3rd XI - AWAY
- 2nd XI v Broadwater CC 3rd XI - HOME
Saturday 8th August:
- 1st XI v Chippingdale CC 2nd XI - HOME
- 2nd XI v Aldwick 2nd XI - AWAY
Saturday 15th August:
- 1st XI v East Preston CC 2nd XI - AWAY
- 2nd XI v Bognor Regis CC 3rd XI - HOME
Saturday 22nd August:
1st XI v Portslade CC 3rd XI - HOME
2nd XI - Bye Week
Saturday 29th August:
- 1st XI v West Wittering CC 2nd XI - AWAY
- 2nd XI v Arundel CC 3rd XI - HOME
Saturday 5th September:
- 1st XI v Horsham Trinity CC 2nd XI - HOME
- 2nd XI v Petworth 1st XI - AWAY
Bosham CC Selection Policy 2019
All league teams will be selected by the selection committee, which comprises of League Captains and a third member nominated by the club committee.
It is the responsibility of all players to inform a league captain of their availability via Teamer, or another method agreed with the selection committee.
The selection committee will not be held responsible for not selecting players who have not made themselves available by the required process above.
You are required to tell a captain (or on teamer) about all injuries or restrictions to your playing time when stating your availability.
The committee will aim to pick the team as quickly as possible (normally by Monday evening), so if a player is not selected they have as much notice as possible.
All paid-up members will be selected before non-members.
Player’s adherence to the club code of conduct.
Commitment to the club across all aspects of club life. Helping at the ground, juniors, fundraising, one off projects, and other aspects of helping maintain and grow the club for the community.
Consideration of player’s fitness, ability and form.
To, wherever possible, give fair chance to play for those who wish to and are committed to play regularly.
To be consistent in rationale for selection and non-selection.
The balance of the side on any given week.
If a player is not selected, having made themselves available, an explanation will be given to that player. Players not selected for league cricket will have priority to play in upcoming friedlies.
If a player plays one week in the 1st XI but the following week is selected in the 2nd XI the 1st XI skipper will inform the player personally of this and the reasons for the selection. If there is a gap between weeks played and a player on their return is selected in a different team it is up to the returning player to ask for personal feedback if required.
T20 & Friendly Cricket:
Paid-up members will take preference over nom paid-up players in all forms of cricket.
It is tough not getting picked when you want to play or in the team you want to play in most. However, if you have a dispute over a selection issue that you feel was not explained or was unfair, please contact a member of the selection committee, they will inform the selection committee as a whole and discuss the matter with you. If you feel that does not resolve your issue then the club chairman will be informed and speak to you about and investigate on your behalf. Further investigation and discussions may not be resolved the week of that specific selection but you will be heard in full and responded too as a valued member of the club.