Welcome to Bosham Cricket Club’s privacy notice.
Bosham Cricket Club “BCC” respects your privacy and is committed to protecting your personal data. This privacy notice will inform you as to how we look after your personal data when you visit our website (regardless of where you visit it from) and tell you about your privacy rights and how the law protects you.
1. IMPORTANT INFORMATION AND WHO WE ARE
PURPOSE OF THIS PRIVACY NOTICE
This privacy notice aims to give you information on how BCC collects and processes your personal data through your use of this website and Mailchimp, including any data you may provide through this website and Mailchimp when you sign up for our newsletter, comment on blog posts or register as a player, parent or guardian of junior players.
This website is not intended for children and we do not knowingly collect data relating to children other than the information collected for the welfare of our junior members.
It is important that you read this privacy notice together with any other privacy notice or fair processing notice we may provide on specific occasions when we are collecting or processing personal data about you so that you are fully aware of how and why we are using your data. This privacy notice supplements the other notices and is not intended to override them.
BCC is the controller and responsible for your personal data.
This privacy notice is issued on behalf of BCC so when we mention BCC, “we”, “us” or “our” in this privacy notice, we are referring to BCC processing your data. BCC is the controller and responsible for this website.
Bosham Cricket Club
Email address: Boshamcricketclub@gmail.com
You have the right to make a complaint at any time to the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO), the UK supervisory authority for data protection issues (www.ico.org.uk). We would, however, appreciate the chance to deal with your concerns before you approach the ICO so please contact us in the first instance.
CHANGES TO THE PRIVACY NOTICE AND YOUR DUTY TO INFORM US OF CHANGES
This version was last updated on 22nd May 2018
It is important that the personal data we hold about you is accurate and current. Please keep us informed if your personal data changes during your relationship with us.
This includes links to third-party websites, plug-ins and applications. Clicking on those links or enabling those connections may allow third parties to collect or share data about you. We do not control these third-party websites and are not responsible for their privacy statements. When you leave our website, we encourage you to read the privacy notice of every website you visit.
2. THE DATA WE COLLECT ABOUT YOU
Personal data, or personal information, means any information about an individual from which that person can be identified. It does not include data where the identity has been removed (anonymous data).
We may collect, use, store and transfer different kinds of personal data about you which we have grouped together follows:
• Identity Data including first name, maiden name, last name, username or similar identifier, marital status, title, date of birth and gender.
• Contact Data including address, email address and telephone numbers.
• Financial Data including bank account and payment card details relevant to paying club subscriptions..
• Technical Data including internet protocol (IP) address, your login data, browser type and version, time zone setting and location, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform and other technology on the devices you use to access this website.
• Usage Data including information about how you use our website, products and services.
• Marketing and Communications Data including your preferences in receiving marketing from us and our third parties and your communication preferences.
We also collect, use and share Aggregated Data such as statistical or demographic data for any purpose. Aggregated Data may be derived from your personal data but is not considered personal data in law as this data does not directly or indirectly reveal your identity. For example, we may aggregate your Usage Data to calculate the percentage of users accessing a specific website feature. However, if we combine or connect Aggregated Data with your personal data so that it can directly or indirectly identify you, we treat the combined data as personal data which will be used in accordance with this privacy notice.
We do not collect any Special Categories of Personal Data about you (this includes details about your race or ethnicity, religious or philosophical beliefs, sex life, sexual orientation, political opinions, trade union membership, information about your health and genetic and biometric data). Nor do we collect any information about criminal convictions and offences.
3. HOW IS YOUR PERSONAL DATA COLLECTED?
We use different methods to collect data from and about you including through:
• Direct interactions. You may give us your Identity, Contact and Financial Data by filling in forms or by corresponding with us by post, phone, email or otherwise. This includes personal data you provide when you join the club, request information about the club, make bookings through or with the club, give us feedback, reply to blog posts or social media posts.
• Automated technologies or interactions. As you interact with our website, we may automatically collect Technical Data about your equipment, browsing actions and patterns. We collect this personal data by using cookies, server logs and other similar technologies. We may also receive Technical Data about you if you visit other websites employing our cookies.
• Third parties or publicly available sources. We may receive personal data about you from various third parties and public sources as set out below :
• Technical Data from the following parties:
(a) analytics providers such as Google based outside the EU;
(b) search information providers based inside OR outside the EU.
• Contact, Financial and Transaction Data from providers of technical, payment and delivery services based inside OR outside the EU, for example when you pay your subs.
4. HOW WE USE YOUR PERSONAL DATA
We will only use your personal data when the law allows us to. We have set out below, in a table format, a description of all the ways we plan to use your personal data, and which of the legal bases we rely on to do so. We have also identified what our legitimate interests are where appropriate.
Note that we may process your personal data for more than one lawful ground depending on the specific purpose for which we are using your data. Please Contact us if you need details about the specific legal ground we are relying on to process your personal data where more than one ground has been set out in the table below.
To Join the club and facilitate your membership.
Membership activity includes but is not limited to:
Health and safety protocols.
Team selection and organizing training.
Organizing general club activates to maintain and run club.
To contact you about events at the club.
Information and promotional offers from club sponsors.
To promote the club and it’s activities.
Press reporting of games and club activates.
Type of data:
(d) Marketing & communications
Lawful basis for processing including
basis of legitimate interest:(a) Performance of a contract (membership) with you.
(b) To recover debts due to us.
(c) Necessary for our legitimate interests.
Excluding information from club sponsors as referred to above, we will get your express opt-in consent before we share your personal data with any company outside of BCC for marketing purposes. We currently have no intention of doing this.
You can ask us to stop sending you messages at any time by unsubscribing to the club news letter, leaving Whatsapp groups and or contacting us at the email address above.
Where you opt out of receiving these messages, this will not apply to personal data provided to us as a result of your membership with the club. It may however make your participation in the club activates very difficult.
CHANGE OF PURPOSE
We will only use your personal data for the purposes for which we collected it, unless we reasonably consider that we need to use it for another reason and that reason is compatible with the original purpose. If you wish to get an explanation as to how the processing for the new purpose is compatible with the original purpose, please Contact us.
If we need to use your personal data for an unrelated purpose, we will notify you and we will explain the legal basis which allows us to do so.
Please note that we may process your personal data without your knowledge or consent, in compliance with the above rules, where this is required or permitted by law.
5. DISCLOSURES OF YOUR PERSONAL DATA
We may have to share your personal data with the parties set out below for the purposes set out in the table in paragraph 4 above.
· To club members (including but not limited to committee members) for the purpose of providing membership services and facilities to you.
· To external third parties in order to comply with league rules (e.g. PlayCricket or the ECB).
· To external third parties, including but not limited to BCC’s sponsors and local press, to promote the club.
· To external third parties including service providers who provide IT and system administration services, and professional advisers including lawyers, bankers, auditors and insurers.
We require all third parties to respect the security of your personal data and to treat it in accordance with the law.
6. INTERNATIONAL TRANSFERS
We do not transfer your personal data outside the European Economic Area (EEA).
7. DATA SECURITY
We have put in place appropriate security measures to prevent your personal data from being accidentally lost, used or accessed in an unauthorised way, altered or disclosed. In addition, we limit access to your personal data to members of the club who need the information to run the club and other third parties who have a need to know, included but not limited to, PlayCricket, and the ECB.
We have put in place procedures to deal with any suspected personal data breach and will notify you and any applicable regulator of a breach where we are legally required to do so.
8. DATA RETENTION
HOW LONG WILL YOU USE MY PERSONAL DATA FOR?
We will only retain your personal data for as long as necessary to fulfill the purposes we collected it for. Unless you request otherwise, we will delete your personal data upon the termination of your membership of BCC.
9. YOUR LEGAL RIGHTS
You have the right to have your personal data deleted and or have access to the data that we hold on you.
For access to this data or to request deletion please contact the club on email@example.com. You will not have to pay a fee to access your personal data (or to exercise any of the other rights). However, we may charge a reasonable fee if your request is clearly unfounded, repetitive or excessive. Alternatively, we may refuse to comply with your request in these circumstances.
WHAT WE MAY NEED FROM YOU
We may need to request specific information from you to help us confirm your identity and ensure your right to access your personal data (or to exercise any of your other rights). This is a security measure to ensure that personal data is not disclosed to any person who has no right to receive it. We may also contact you to ask you for further information in relation to your request to speed up our response.
TIME LIMIT TO RESPOND
We try to respond to all legitimate requests within one month. Occasionally it may take us longer than a month if your request is particularly complex or you have made a number of requests. In this case, we will notify you and keep you updated.